Frequently asked questions... and answers.
What products does Daily Dental Care offer?
The initial product offered are pHossident lozenges, in fresh mint and orangesicle flavors. Each come in a 90 count bottle (approximately one month supply).
How do I take pHossident lozenges?
We recommend taking at least 1 lozenge 3 times a day; morning, afternoon, and evening after brushing teeth. You’re also welcome to take them after consuming acidic or sugary foods as desired, just like you would a breath mint. Sugary foods and beverages are the biggest culprit to good oral health because oral microbes love to convert sugar into plaque and acid.
- The lozenge is most effective when allowed to slowly dissolve in your mouth so it coats all mucosal surfaces with the active ingredients, which tame the bacteria embedded in oral biofilms (plaque).
- pH levels can change with each meal, snack or drink. Re-establish your neutral saliva level by consuming after each meal or snack.
- Saliva production decreases with age, as well as while sleeping, leaving your mouth unprotected. Protect your teeth and improve your morning breath by taking a lozenge before bedtime (after brushing teeth).
NOTE: This product contains sugar alcohol, which can cause gastrointestinal discomfort in sensitive indiviuals.
How are the lozenges different than other oral care products?
They are a unique, scientific approach to oral care. A few of the differentiating characteristics are:
- They contain a blend of prebiotic, bioactive, nontoxic, consumable ingredients that effectively regulate oral bacterial growth.
- They have the ability to selectively target harmful oral bacteria, including Streptococcus mutans (cavities), Staphylococcus aureus, P. gingivalis, T. denticola, and T. forsythia (gum disease), while allowing Lactobacillus, and other health-promoting “guardian” bacteria unharmed.
- They are clinically-proven daily dental hygiene product intended to supplement your existing dental hygiene routine.
- They do NOT contain xylitol, which is a single-molecule solution (sugar alcohol) that bacteria have learned how to metabolize. Bacteria are intelligent machines that have survived for billions of years because of their ability to adapt to their environment, hence the antibiotic-resistant bacteria strains that are now prevalent today and causing a major health crisis. What makes the ingredients in pHossident different and more effective is due to the two-pronged molecular approach, which bacteria can’t (and most likely will never be able to) design around.
- Please refer to the table on the left for a comparison chart of DDC vs. other oral care products and ingredients.
What is in pHossident lozenges?
Daily Dental Care pHossident lozenges contain a proprietary blend of vitamins, soluble fibers, sugar-free sweeteners (manitol, sorbitol, and stevia), acid neutralizers, and natural flavoring. All ingredients are plant-derived and regarded as safe, having over 40 years of safety testing and data for intended use in foods.
Key features: Sugar free, preservative free, naturally safe, nontoxic, responsibly-sourced, and rapid-melt.
- This product is a supplemental dental hygiene product and is not intended to replace daily dental hygiene practices.
- This product contains sugar alcohols and mint. Excessive consumption may result in gastrointestinal discomfort.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Product is made in the U.S.A.
Are they safe to swallow?
Yes. They can be consumed like any other lozenge or mint. They contain GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe), naturally safe and non-toxic ingredients.
The lozenges are designed to rapidly dissolve in your mouth over 1-2 minutes. When the tablet dissolves, it releases the bioactive ingredients that coat all mouth surfaces containing harmful oral bacteria associated with cavities, gum disease and bad breath.
Can the lozenges replace the need to brush and floss your teeth?
This product is not intended to replace brushing and flossing teeth, however, they can be used when those activities are inconvenient during the day. They were designed to be an easy-to-use solution for people who aren’t able to effectively brush their teeth more than twice a day or are particularly high-risk with regard to dental disease.
We recommend taking no less than 3 but no more than 15 per day. Allow at least 1 lozenge to dissolve in your mouth in the morning, after lunch, and before bedtime (always after brushing teeth whenever possible).
What is the science behind them?
The pHossident formula uses a two-pronged approach to manage the behavior of bacteria in a biofilm by leveraging their reliance on sugar as a main nutrient source. First, a sugar-decoy molecule is introduced to the oral environment, which blocks sugar receptors and plaque-making enzymes, ultimately starving the harmful bacteria and leading to plaque breakdown. Then, a second molecule is introduced which turns on protein metabolism in health-promoting “guardian” bacteria, allowing them to survive and naturally out-compete bacteria in a biofilm (plaque). This approach has been clinically-proved to be a fast, safe, and effective means of addressing problematic oral bacteria.
How can I tell if they're working for me?
Customers have reported a decrease in tooth sensitivity, less bleeding when brushing and flossing, improved pocket depths, and shorter cleaning time (meaning less tarter build-up) as a result of using the lozenges regularly. We encourage you to engage your dental hygienist when you begin taking the lozenges to help monitor the positive change in your oral health as a result!